The world is facing uncertain and tumultuous times. But the most important thing to remember is that, for the most part, we control our own reality and our reaction to it. Happiness and success are mostly states of mind, and this selection of inspiring quotes can hopefully induce happiness and success for you and those around you.
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” ― Dale Carnegie
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” –Vince Lombardi
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- “Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” –Walter Anderson
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Goethe
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.” – Roy Goodman
- “Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” – Stephen Covey
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
- “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.”–Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
- “Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
- “All happiness depends on courage and work.” ― Honoré de Balzac
- “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
- “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” ― Marcus Aurelius
- “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” – Lou Holtz
- “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley
- “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” ― Aristotle
- “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
- “Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “There are two ways to get enough. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.” ― G.K. Chesterton
- “There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.” – Christopher Morley
- “Don’t aim at success. The more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side effect of one’s personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one’s surrender to a person other than oneself.” ― Viktor E. Frankl,
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
- “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” – Albert Ellis
I hope you found this collection of quotes inspiring. What are your favorite and most inspiring quotes? Please share them and any thoughts you might have in the comments below.
Thank you for reading my post. Here at LinkedIn and at Forbes I regularly write about management, technology and Big Data. If you would like to read my future posts then please click ‘Follow‘ and feel free to also connect via Twitter, Facebook, Slideshare, and The Advanced Performance Institute.
You might also be interested in my new and free ebook on Big Data in Practice, which includes 3 Amazing use cases from NASA, Dominos Pizza and the NFL. You can download the ebook from here: Big Data in Practice eBook.